Friday, August 26, 2005

When I Said Busy... I Mean Busy!


So today will probably be the last chance I get to post anything here until next week and with my schedule filling to capacity with every passing minute, postings might be thin for the next week or so... here's some highlights of my upcoming events:

Tonight: Chargers-Vikes... I will watch at least the first half, if not the entire game. Friday is also poker night with some of my buddies, so will play some cards.

Saturday Morning/Afternoon: My last chance, and only opportunity to hang with the family...specifically the kids for the weekend because...

Saturday Evening: I've been doing some freelance technical directing for a regional poker show. Have done 2 shows so far and this next one is in Wisconsin...a 5 1/2 hour drive one way...ugh. I will be only driving a few hundred miles and then jumping in with some other crew members. Arrive around midnight.

Sunday: Set up and direct poker shoot until about 7:30 PM...then hop in a car and bee-line it back home, hopefully get home around 2 AM.

Then all of next week is preparing for the first football game on September 1st...plus get trained on the new switcher I had installed earlier this year. And in the meantime...been invited to attend our local minor league baseball team game on Tuesday and my company picnic (at the exact same ballpark with a game to follow) is on Wednesday... so with the exception of Monday (which I plan on sleeping in a bit), from 8 AM until (at least) 11 PM Tuesday-Thursday almost every second of my time is allocated to doing something.... I just know that I will be doing some drinking Labor Day weekend... I've ran a fantasy football league since 1996 (hey, 10th anniversary is this year...didn't even realize that until now...) and the draft will be held Sunday. My league has always been an 'auction' style draft (way ahead of the curve, I know!) and takes about 4-5 hours...which means 4-5 hours of drinking and then after the draft all participants typically go to a bar to continue with the football talk...it is the only time all members of my league are ever all together for 3 members are from out of town and make the yearly quest to the draft.

So lots of shit going on for me, then lots of drinking... it's a busy time for me, but at the same time it can be a fun time for me... but as I mentioned before, being this busy just takes time from me that I could be doing things (like blogging) that I frequently do in my free time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Slacker. Just think about how much you used to get done in college when you drank 4X as much...