Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Chargers First Preseason Game Approaches

Tomorrow the San Diego Chargers will play their first preseason game in Green Bay against the Packers. Although I put no credence in preseason games, I will be watching just to get my first real dose of Charger football for this year. In fact, I am hoping that no key players even take to the field and if so are used very sparingly.

Of course there are things I'd like to see, regardless of who is playing...namely to see how the defense overall performs, especially in the pass rush. The buzz about rookie special teamer Darren Sproles has been really good, so we'll see how he does on kickoffs and punt returns. And of course Vincent Jackson has been very impressive so far, yet with McCardell, Caldwell and Parker will look to get a more prominent role in the starting lineup.

I can hardly wait for this season to start and more importantly, Charger Domination!

No comments: