Monday, May 14, 2007

Tool At Council Bluffs, IA - 5-12-07





Posted are some pictures and short video clips from my camera phone at the Tool show in Council Bluffs, IA. This trip was a good time. It is about a 6 hour drive, so my friend and I left Saturday morning, got to Council Bluffs early enough to have a few beers and grill up some grub before the show. The venue was fairly small... and there isn't a bad seat at the Mid-America Arena. The show was sold out and you could tell the venue staff wasn't prepared for this show. After getting the 'pat down' to enter the venue and displaying my ticket, I didn't see a single security person or even an usher. As soon as the lights went out you saw about 5,000 cell phones open up to begin snapping pics and vids. The venue ran out of beer and cups well before they were going to cut off sales...that sucked but at $6 a beer it probably saved me a bunch of money. With what seemed as a pretty light security staff you would think things could have gotten out of hand but from what I observed, everything seemed fairly orderly.

The show itself was, of course, awesome. Maynard (lead singer for Tool) only said "Happy Mother's Day" and "Thank You, Good Night." to the crowd...least amount of audience interaction I have witnessed from the band...but didn't bother me. Tool sounded really good. I got to hear Wings For Maria (pt. 1 & 2) and Right In Two which were the only songs I didn't get to hear at the Orphium show last year. Tool has expanded their stage show and added laser lights along with all their other video imagery and really adds a new dimension. I think Tool is the new "Pink Floyd" in that if you love their music, their stage show will only enhance your experience with their music. I can hardly wait to see Tool again in a little more than a month...



46 & 2


Right In Two

No comments: