Wednesday, May 23, 2007

NBC's Worst Nightmare: Anaheim vs Ottawa

I'm thinking NBC will drop it's half-hearted effort to carry the NHL and the Stanley Cup finals now that Ottawa and Anaheim are the two teams that will face off for Lord Stanley's Cup. I also think that NBC had something to do with the scheduling of the finals because game 1 doesn't start until Monday and of course the first 2 games are on VS. But NBC will probably drop coverage of the game half way through the third period to make sure Dateline starts as scheduled.

I think the finals should be pretty entertaining. I think Anaheim has been playing well all season and has turned it up a notch for the playoffs. I think the Ducks win in 6 because, as I have been saying, Giguere has been solid between the pipes. The Ducks, right now, seem to have the right blend of offensive fire power and a solid, experienced defense. In the Detroit series, it seemed to me that the Ducks would often 'set the tone' of the game and are not intimidated, but rather, they do the intimidating.

1 comment:

ChipJr3 said...

Yea, last night (June 2, 2007) here in Tampa, NBC ran a telethon instead of Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals. The game got pushed to some local broadcast station but it was NOT listed. And at the end of the game the broadcast ended abruptly and informed one to go to nbc.com for after game interviews. Luckily, I get ESPN News channel and tuned in there for game highlights that I missed because my ReplayTV recorded the telethon on NBC instead of the local broadcast station that it got pushed to.

If NBC is not ready to take on a contract to carry the NHL Playoffs it should step aside and let Versus pick it up and show some respect to the NHL and its fans.