Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tale Of 2 League's Playoffs

Last night I settled in for a good night of playoff sports watching...I, of course, watched game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals, which was a fantastic game. Sure, probably boring to a casual or less-than casual fan being a 1-0 final...but the sole goal came with under 6 minutes to play in the game. The Ducks seemed to control the tempo for the entire game and outshot the Sens almost 2-to-1 (31-16). I am impressed with the goaltending of Emery for Ottawa and thought he may not be up to the challenge but is clearly showing that he is a big reason that Ottawa is where it is right now. With the Ducks up 2-0 in the series they just need to win one of the next two games and they will have 2 chances to wrap the series up in Anaheim.

After I watched a thrilling hockey game I flipped over to ESPN in hopes that I would be treated to an exciting finish in the Utah-San Antonio NBA Western Conference Finals game 5...wrong. Going from an intense, down to the wire NHL game I turned over just in time to see San Antonio increase their 2nd half lead from 20 to 30 points...and it wasn't even the 4th period yet. Boring...

No comments: