Wednesday, May 09, 2007

NHL Conference Finals Prediction

My last round of hockey playoff picks weren't too shabby if I say so myself...only Ottawa slipped by me but I attributed Ottawa losing to the Devils because of their choking in the past...not that they are a bad team. Which leads to the first matchup, Ottawa vs Buffalo. My good friend Kevin at Buffalo Blog does more than a fantastic job keeping any Sabres fan up-to-date with team info and offers great incite to their play as well, as a result, I am pulling a bit for the Sabres. To my dislike, I think the Sabres played a good series against the Rangers but didn't seem as dominating as I would like them to be. The Sabres look like they should outmatch the Senators and I think they should win in 5. That series starts tomorrow in Buffalo.

Out west starting on Friday it will be Anaheim vs Detroit. I think this is going to be a fantastic series whether it goes 4 games or all 7. The Ducks have Giguere who has been hot in the playoffs not giving up more than 2 goals in any game...that's right, if you are going to beat the Ducks you better stop them from scoring because you probably aren't going to score too much yourself. Saying that, Hasek has matched that mark, not giving up more than a pair of goals in any game in the playoffs. Both teams have good defenses and some snipers so it may all come down to who does the best on special teams...which is an easy hockey cliche. I think this series is going to go 7 with more than 1 game going into overtime...I think the Ducks will win but really think this series could be a coin flip.

No comments: