Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Clutch At First Avenue, May 17



So I have returned! Last Thursday I went down to the twin cities to see Clutch perform at First Avenue. Had a real good time. The lead singer (Neil Fallon) reportedly had strep throat prior to the show we saw and Clutch cancelled their previous two shows because of that. The show was fantastic, but it was short and we believe due to the need to recover from the illness.

Posted are some pics I took of downtown Minneapolis and some short video clips of the show itself.

Just to give you a timeline of my trip/weekend it was like this: Work Thursday until noon. Jump in car, drive to Minneapolis, see Clutch - drink too much, stay up too late. Friday AM: On the road back home by 9:30 AM, pull into my house at 12:45, change clothes at work by 1:00. Work until 9 Friday night, go home and pass out of exhaustion. Saturday, back at work by 7:30 AM and work until 4 PM. Then I was able to relax until work this morning... but a very busy and tiring few days around Clutch...my intention was to not work on Friday, but my services were needed and so I came to work....what a trooper I am, huh?



No comments: