Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I Got Nothing

So I'm sitting here, actually thinking of what I could possibly blog, but I got nothing...

So here's just a few tidbits that may or may not interest a person...

First, if you haven't seen a picture of Phil Spector in court on Monday, he is sporting a fantastic white man's 'fro. Check it out here.

Red McCombs finally is able to sell the Vikings. After several years of threatening to move the team, someone different will begin that process.

The weather here has been totally crappy. During the first 2/3rds of April the weather was fantastic but since that time has been totally crappy... a high today of 61 and forecasts have it not getting up to 70 until next week with rain and wind forecasted through the weekend.

The NHL and the player's union appear to be making some headway in hammering out a deal that could see the sport get back onto the ice next season...but nothing has been signed yet, so despite the optimistic reports so far, neither of these groups can be trusted...

I have quite a bit of vacation time acrued right now so I am trying to plan some summer trips...possible events include The Sounds Of The Underground Tour, July 7th in Minneapolis. Primarily to see Clutch, one of my favorite bands that will have a new album out June 21st so would get a chance to see them performing some new material. Ozzfest, August 7th in Somerset. I've been to Ozzfest from 1997-2003 (missed '02) and last year Ozzy was hurt. It is always a good time and it looks like a good lineup this year, Velvet Revolver, Black Sabbath, Black Label Society, Rob Zombie, Iron Maiden...should be fun. Aside from those potential road trips, the Violent Femmes are playing a local club here in July. I saw them about 6 years ago and had a really good time...

So that's what I got for now...

Enjoy the Memorial Day Weekend! Remember the men and women who fight for our freedoms.

No comments: