Friday, March 30, 2007

American Idol Still Sucks And Some More Facts To Prove It

Because my blog entry "Why American Idol Sucks" is one of my most viewed pages I decided to do just a little follow-up. Not that I care about the show or the people that watch it but just because I have too much free time today and ran across this article which is essentially saying that the show is no longer about being talented it is about being popular for whatever reason. Also, Vote For The Worst.com is claiming that it is behind the success of probably the worst performer on the show right now. Well, I doubt that the web site can take credit for some lack-luster singer continuing to do well on the show but rather I think it proves my theory that the people that watch the show are morons. According to the first article this sub standard performer "...has moved a 13 year-old girl to tears on national television..." and that matches my original description perfectly! I would like to mimic Stephen Colbert and release the balloons and strike the music as graphics of "I CALLED IT" flash on the screen because I CALLED IT!!!! In my original rant I pegged the demographic as being 13 year old girls and here you go, undisputed proof to show the mentality and the type of show that AI appeals too. 13 year old girls.

I also did want to mention that Vote For The Worst.com does also detail some interesting points about the show, primarily about the auditioning process and some of the editing tricks AI does. But anyone that believes everything they see on television, especially thinking 'reality television' is real, are probably AI fans and will, again, believe that AI is totally on the up-and-up. Once details of the show being rigged or at least fixed or predetermined surface, then my full prophecy of how lame the show and the people who believe in it will have came to full fruition. And by the way, I have yet to even view one second of this show and I have no plans to start watching it now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until it gets canceled. God I hate this show 10000~2. I hate it so much. I hate reality shows in general.