Friday, March 30, 2007

Police Brutality, No TV For Miss America

A Chicago cop was caught on video tape beating a female bartender. If you haven't seen the video, it is here. And this is exactly what American society has become. And to try and show some 'justice' the Chicago PD initially charged the officer with a misdemeanor, the charged officer and others threatened the bartender in an attempt to keep her from testifying and the accused officer was given special treatment by fellow officers when arriving and leaving the courtroom. Who says there isn't two different justice systems? I know of NO COP that isn't an asshole. Police officers no longer uphold the oath "To Serve And Protect" they just want to beat someone and any opportunity they can they will. Then the whole fraternity of cops will all band together to protect each other regardless of how wrong their actions are. Trust no cop because they are just looking to kick your ass.

The first look at Grand Theft Auto IV was released today in the form of a video trailer, you can view it here. I've played all the GTA games since II and have enjoyed them. They are all similar in the fact that you are a lawless criminal but the game is unique in that it is probably the best 'free roam' type game. It also incorporates several different storylines a person could pursue, all of which usually reward you with some item that will assist you in doing more nefarious activities. I'm confident I will be checking this game out when I can.

Does anyone watch the Miss America pageant anymore? Apparently not because as of right now there is no television contract to air it and prior to this was aired on Country Music Television. I don't think I ever watched the entire pageant and I think I must have been 12 years-old the last time I even bothered to watch the swimsuit competition.

No comments: