Thursday, March 15, 2007

Let The Madness Begin

Today is day 1 of the NCAA Basketball tournament and there's my NCAA Bracket for this year. I pay close to zero attention to college basketball during the year. I usually don't try and guess what upsets are going to happen and like the Pac-10. I usually don't put too much faith in the Big Ten and am just waiting for Ohio State to choke early this year. I also don't like picking #1 seeds to win it all because it seems like they rarely do...but that's what happened this year so we'll see how things pan out for me.

And for those of you wanting to watch the games on the internet, here's the link to do so. I am also going to try using the TVU from TVU Networks which broadcasts CBS over the internet. Of course this could be blacked out due to the tournament but if not, would be a good place to go if the first link doesn't work.

There is no question that the NCAA Basketball tournament is in the spotlight for the next few weeks but I will be following the NCAA Division I Hockey tournament as well. Tomorrow the conference tournaments begin and I, of course, will be following the WCHA tournament happening in St. Paul. Go Sioux!

Something everyone knew, binge drinking in college continues to be a big problem for those that drink. It's kind of one of those 'skewed' surveys where it's prefaced by "...less students are drinking in college but those that are are taking it to new levels." It's easy to see why because today's youth are dumb. They think it is a badge of honor to drink 21 shots in an hour...I think it is just stupid. Not sure where the kids get these great ideas about partying all the time but it may be from their school's administrators. That's right a husband/wife were caught having a party at their lake cabin where they charged each underage kid $5 to drink...that's a bargain when you are a minor and I'm sure the party was a huge hit.

No comments: