Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Bowl XLII Pick

The Super Bowl is today and that means it is the end of another NFL season... it will take me a few weeks to get adjusted to not going out to watch football every Sunday... but for some reason my wife enjoys the end of the football season.

My original playoff picks, I did think the Patriots and Cowboys would be facing off but was hoping the Chargers could have slipped through. I don't know of anyone that had the Giants going as far as they did, being a true wild card team, but I think that just goes to show how weak the NFC really is...but also at the same time, seemingly in all sports, show what a team that gets hot at the right time can do in the playoffs and the Giants did that...but again, I have put little stock in the Giants, Packers, Cowboys or any of the NFC teams all season.

I also think that the Patriots playing in a warm climate that better suits their game and their 'slowdown' towards the end of the season was partly due to the elements, which shouldn't be a factor in today's Super Bowl. With more allegations of cheating surfacing yesterday, one would think the Pats are only going to use that as a motivator and I think this game may be similar to last years...that is, the Giants may keep it interesting in the first half but I think by the end of the third quarter this game will likely be over.

My prediction - Pats: 31 Giants: 17.

No comments: