Sunday, February 03, 2008

NFL Powers The Patriots Conspiracy

So I read and post about the Patriots videotaping the Rams walk through during Super Bowl 36 and was willing to brush it aside and really not think much more of it...but with it possibly adding to a Patriots' cheating theme that could tarnish their legacy...and I really thought that would be the end of it...

But, after a hard night's work I decided to peruse the news and what do I see... a fresh article stating that the NFL already knew about this and had dismissed the allegation with this statement:

"We were aware of the rumor months ago and looked into it. There was no evidence of it on the tapes or in the notes produced by the Patriots, and the Patriots told us it was not true," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told The Associated Press.
All I can say is WOW! Does the NFL think we are that dense? If the NFL would have said nothing, I think it would have been better than that statement, which I think further justifies concerns of a NFL conspiracy to let the Patriots off the hook - and for what reasons I don't know. I mean are you fucking kidding me? First off you burned all the evidence so - as we see now - we can only take your word as for what was or was not on the tapes and notes that were given to you by the Patriots. Second, how do you know the Patriots gave you everything - which, you would think cheaters wouldn't do. And finally, and most disturbing to me in that statement, is the phrase "...the Patriots told us it was not true." Well there you have it... a team caught cheating said it wasn't true so it must not be true, case closed.

I mean WHAT THE FUCK? The NFL has left so much up to speculation now and I almost hope more dirt is discovered and, as it has been proven time and time again, the cover-up is oftentimes more damaging than the initial 'crime' and I am beginning to think that this may be the case...The NFL was trying and get this 'scandal' out of the public eye but the scandal is refusing to do so. Belichek refuses to answer any questions regarding the matter because he may likely know that anything he says may come back to bite him in the ass later. This 'scandal' has a ways to go, but if it continues, it may very well overshadow Barry Bonds and the baseball steroids scandal...for a while. And if the New England dynasty is somehow proven to be dirty and the NFL as facilitators, it would instantly put the NFL on the same level as the MLB as far as credibility. As of this time the NFL, in my eyes, was seen to be so much more credible in its operation of its league, but with its already shady handling of the Patriots spying scandal - by destroying all the evidence and now with this lame statement - it has already begun to lower its credible standing.

Roger Goodell has already decided to move the NFL out of America, which I think is a bad decision from the get-go, and now is acting incredibly suspicious in his actions against the Patriots... I think his grade as NFL commissioner is continuing to drop and I am losing much respect towards him. It won't take much more for me to start asking for his dismissal.

No comments: