Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Bowl After Thoughts

Wow! What a Super Bowl...

I was hoping to see a good game but wasn't expecting one and not only did I get an exciting, good game, but one of the biggest upsets of all time.

As I was driving to the Super Bowl function that I was attending I had the radio on and they played the Randy Moss audio of him stating that he just wanted to get it over with and go home, that he wished the game was somewhere else, like Miami. As I heard these comments, I instantly began to think that it seems as if Randy doesn't give a shit about the Super Bowl and really doesn't want to play...and for most of the Super Bowl it didn't seem that he did. You then factor in that the media had all but crowned the Patriots as the greatest team of all time, I think it took most of the game for the Patriots to realize that the Giants were indeed playing to win the game and not going to just lay down and let the Patriots win.

I really wasn't cheering or pulling for any team but the bar I was at was filled with most everyone pulling for the Giants or, maybe a little more appropriate, against the Patriots...by the end of the game, I too was glad to see the Giants win despite my hatred towards Eli.

In the end, this Super Bowl was the most watched Super Bowl of all time and the 2nd most watched television program of all time in America...a game with that type of ending certainly deserves that type of viewership.

No comments: