Friday, June 22, 2007

"Use My Fame In A Good Way"

I try not to care much about 'celebrities', especially pseudo-celebrities like Paris Hilton who's only claim to fame is being born to an extremely wealthy family and now flaunts her money and her body to get attention and the media is more than willing to obligate. So everyone on the planet knows earlier this month she went to jail for driving under suspension, was briefly released and then sent back to jail.

So a couple of news items broke this morning regarding Paris and her upcoming release... the first was that NBC was denying that they are offering her a million dollars to be the first to interview her after her release. Even if NBC isn't offering a million bucks to interview her, that will probably be the going rate for whichever show does get the first 'exclusive' interview with her. So where do I begin? Well with the obvious I guess...it isn't like she is doing 'hard time' and she wasn't even intermingled with other inmates. She essentially had her own private cell away from all others...so what 'hardened' jail stories is she going to have? Did the cable tv go out one night for a little while? Of course the interview will likely focus on what did Paris learn while in jail? I'm thinking she learned that she can make a cool million bucks afterwards and I will gladly take 30 days in jail if I get a million bucks afterwards.

The second item, and really the reason I even began to comment on this subject in the first place was because apparently Paris Hilton talked with Ryan Seacrest while in jail and said that she sees that the media was making fun of her and that she doesn't want that anymore and that she will "use my fame in a good way". I can hardly wait to see how she does that and believe me, now that she said that, I will be keeping track...at least for a month or so until the absurdity is quite clear.

If a person thought Paris Hilton was over-exposed prior to her incarceration, just wait until she gets out... OMFG....

No comments: