Thursday, June 14, 2007

DirecTV Covers The US Open

Like the French Open (tennis), DirecTV is giving its subscribers expanded coverage of Golf's US Open this weekend. A person with DirecTV gets ESPN's coverage (ch. 206), a mix channel (ch. 216 mutli-paned channel showing the other 4 channels all at once), a featured group channel (ch. 217 - this morning it was Tiger's group, I'm thinking this afternoon it will be Phil's group), up close coverage (ch. 218) and a highlight channel (ch. 219).

I am not paying anything extra to get these channels so it is awesome. But I fear that this is DirecTV giving it's subscribers a taste of what these features and additional charges will be assessed if you wish to get them for future events....but until that time...I'm loving it and I hope that DirecTV continues to offer this bonus coverage for no additional fees forever!

No comments: