Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Some Quick Bits...

I will be fairly busy with work the next 2 weeks and then like usual, I plan to take an extended break from work...only seems proper, not? Since my blogging has tapered off I figured I better get something 'fresh' up there now or else it will look even more desolate than normal. Anyways, here's some quick notes, thoughts, what-have you...

I normally don't tune into late night television anymore. When I was younger I did watch Carson and Letterman on NBC but once Leno started, it seemed as if I grew tired of the late night talk shows and barely would watch any of them. For some reason...probably because there was no sports on...I tuned in the premiere of Conan O'Brian on the Tonight Show. I've seen Conan a few times and think his schtick is o.k. but after after the first 30-40 minutes of the show last night, I know that I will be making no extra effort to watch his show with any regularity.

I have been able to watch a fair amount of the French Open...I'm not a Nadal fan, I am a Federer fan... I didn't have to work yesterday, yet woke up at my regular time of 7 AM. I couldn't immediately fall back asleep so I turned on the Tennis Channel and there was the Federer-Haas match underway...at this point, Federer was down 2 sets...I thought to myself I'll unfortunately watch Rog lose and then go back to sleep...but of course Rog didn't lose, he rallied back and won the match and I didn't even bother trying to go back to sleep then because I had became so involved in watching the match. Although I don't think Roddick has enough of 'it' anymore to win a major, but for some reason I feel sad when he loses. To me, I think Roddick is a guy that you can tell just has a good work ethic and every major he comes out and tells how he is ready...but then you watch him play... He has the huge serve, but so does everyone and now they can return his serve and he seems to struggle to break players. But I also cheer for American players and he is probably our best American player right now... I have zero faith or confidence in James Blake, I am hoping a younger American player can quickly ascend the ranks and take over the world #1 rating.

I better not forget to include a Favre mention...I can't find the speculative link, but I do believe 2 weeks ago there was a story that said the Vikes were giving Favre an ultimatum, that they needed to know by Friday if he would be having the surgery or not on his arm or else they weren't going to offer him a contract...of course Favre hasn't said jack-squat because he will come and play for the Vikes on his schedule... I mean, don't they know who he is? I just kind of chuckle at reading the article because it had that language of the Vikes trying to leverage Favre...haven't they seen the bullshit this guy does every offseason? You will not push him around and if you try he will instantly contact the media and make sure you are set up as the bad guys ala Green Bay Packers.

Some quick Charger notes:
- A developer's plan to build a new stadium for the Chargers in Mission Valley was rejected by the Chargers. They say it is too unrealistic.

- The Chargers announce their plans to commemorate their 50th anniversary. Lots of special activities going on...fans will get to select the 50 greatest Chargers, 20 greatest Charger moments and much, much more....should make the season a fun one at the very least with all the 50th Anniversary stuff surrounding the team.

Well, that's about all I have for now... I hope to get on when I can....

I also hope everyone has a safe and pleasant summer!

No comments: