Friday, February 23, 2007

Rats, Fantasy Sports Slump

I've been a busy beaver lately and will remain fairly busy for the next month so my posting might be a little 'thin' for a bit...but I'll try to keep up best I can...

The Iraq war is getting really political now. Not that it really wasn't before but the dems have control of congress now, so it will become even more so. But be careful democrats, anything you do now may come back to bite you in the ass later... With the dems letting Clinton get away with comitting felonies while in office, the whole governmental system in America is quickly becoming a bigger joke by the day. Policy in this country is all for special interest (ie: whoever has the most money) and the latest poll(s).

If you haven't seen the video yet, it is amazing to me. While closed, a video crew captured rats running wild in a New York City Taco Bell/KFC. Not just one or two...but many. How could employees allow this to continue? I am fairly confident - from past experience - that even 1 rat would have left tell-tale signs of it's residency in the restaurant and something should have been done at that time. Closing the restaurant for 1 day to exterminate rats would cost the restaurant a lot less money then it will lose now that this video is out.

With the exception of this past NFL season, my fantasy sports team have sucked big time in my respective leagues...primarily due to injuries. My fantasy NBA team had been doing alright and when Paul Pierce returned after injury I figured I could begin an upturn towards the end of the season...nope, now my star, Dwayne Wade is likely out for the season and Antwain Jameson is injured for me as well... looks like a spot in the cellar for another league is my destiny.

You go to a strip club and shower $81,000 on the stage and get pissed when people begin to take it? I know you need to take $81k to a strip club to have a good time, but you can not fault those from thinking it is theirs when you toss it around so freely. Pacman Jones is an idiot.

Dennis Johnson, I guy I remember watching on many a Celtics team with Larry Bird and Kevin McHale died at age 52. Cardiac arrest is listed as the cause, one wonders if any drugs may have accelerated his life expentancy.

No comments: