Thursday, February 08, 2007

Dumb Bet

A die-hard Bears fan lost a bet he made and is legally changing his name to Peyton Manning. I understand people make bets and will lose them, heck I do. But why this bet is stupid is because if I read the story correctly, he actually is not betting against anyone else. So either he doesn't win the bet and has to change his name or nothing. Anytime anyone wants to 'bet' me but offers no penalty for me if I should lose the bet, I will accept that bet.

Here's the latest in the North Korea nuke talks. I follow this story because I think it is humorous to think people actually believe North Korea in anything they say. They will say anything to get America to give them what they really want. The only reason N. Korea has nukes now is because they lied about their nuclear program that America help fund. Now they 'may' dismantle their nukes but what do they really want?

France's anti-doping agency is to wait on Landis ruling. By the time someone decides whether or not the evidence against Landis is legit or not even less people will care. I do find it interesting that the delay was at Landis' appeal. One would think that if his defense is so rock solid he would be willing to have any and all rulings be levied. And he is so focused on beating these charges has said he will not race in 2007. Looks like he wants his ruling to be in the shadow of a new champion, add confusion to who then should be champion of the '06 Tour and have less attention given to the awarding of the eventual champion of the 2006 Tour de France.

We all knew European soccer fans are insane. Italy is taking a very drastic step to curb the violence at soccer games by not allowing ANY FANS in the stands. Yes, games will be played in empty stadiums. I know I would not be attending any event if I knew the likelihood of a riot was going to happen...at least at my age today....

No comments: