Thursday, February 15, 2007

Carroll To Chargers Seems Unlikely, NASCAR Cheats

I'm not sure how the rumour started, but it's out there...that Pete Carroll is a candidate for the head coaching position in San Diego. Whether true on not, there are several follow-up articles (here and here) to this rumour essentially detailing the unlikelihood of hiring Pete Carroll, which makes me happy...last I checked he sucked as a coach in the NFL.


Just in time for his birthday, the U.S. mint releases the $1 George Washington coin. I've always liked the Sacajawea 'gold' $1 coins and these look pretty cool as well. I think the $1 coins are great for leaving tips. But of course, it will not replace the paper version of the dollar bill.

I admit it, I use to be a big NASCAR fan, back in the 80's and through the early 90's when ESPN covered all but 4 or 5 races a year. Back when 'NASCAR was cool'. But it seemed that when NASCAR became more popular in general (especially with women) I became less interested in NASCAR. It also seemed as if the NASCAR season now also goes much longer and the climax of the NASCAR season - towards the end of the season - runs opposite of the NFL and the choice over whice sport to watch is a no brainer. To me, it also seems as if the sport itself is filled with whiners and complainers. In the 80's if you tried to 'block' a faster car you ended up in the wall and that was that. Now-a-days it's a pissing and moaning contest after every race with enough NASCAR rules and regulations to make the sport dulled to max. So now comes the biggest race of the season, the Daytona 500 and to kick off the new season it now seems as if cheating is the new fad in NASCAR. Yet another reason to continue to tune out of NASCAR.

No comments: