Friday, February 16, 2007

Chargers Coaching Search, Bono Gets Snubbed

Boo, the cheater signs a deal with the Giants. Have I mentioned I dislike Barry Bonds?

It was just yesterday that I mentioned all the cheating in NASCAR, well it continues. And now it is Jeff Gordon and there are only two types of Gordon fans...those that absolutely love him and those that hate every fiber of his being. So there is some redneck heckling going on today.

The Chinese New Year started. It's the year of the pig. I really don't care.

The Chargers interviewed Rex Ryan and Norv Turner yesterday. Amongst the Charger fan forums I frequent, Rex has generated some pretty good buzz. Norv seems like a Marty-esque type coach...an old time coach that can coach a good team into losing a big game. Pete Carroll has came out to say that he was not contacted by the Chargers for the head coaching spot. I just chuckle at some of the wild speculation out there...I was enjoying a drink last night when an acquaintance I hadn't seen in a while came up and starting talking football and one of the first words out of his mouth was "Hey, I heard the Chargers are going to hire Dennis Green!" followed by a hearty laugh. I chuckle back and try to confirm that he, of course, is joking but no, his reply is that "...I heard it on the radio." Well, whoever you are listening to on the radio that is saying that is a moron, just like whoever dreams up Pete Carroll...or I have even heard, Bill Cowher (signed as a CBS analyst), Bill Parcells, a trade to get Bellichek (of course LT), Bobby Ross and the list of ridiculous gets even more silly.

I didn't realize the issues that Andy Reid has with his family right now. One son involved in a road rage incident the other with speed and heroin. Crazy.

Living in the barren wasteland, especially when it's been ice-cold for 1/2 a month, will often times make someone go insane like a state legislature who wanted to pass a bill that would have honored Bono. Fuck that...he has no connection to this state and this is probably just a weak attempt to try and get the band to perform somewhere in the state.

No comments: