Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII

The Super Bowl is quickly approaching and I guess I might as well make my prediction(s) of the game...which, like most others that do so, are likely to not happen.  It seems that whenever you hear someone make predictions about a game, the more specific the prediction the more likely it is to be incorrect.  Trying to even predict the 'obvious' usually doesn't happen because the other team is also well aware of the obvious and will attempt to thwart that aspect of the game.


So what do I have to say about this game?  My first impression is probably the most common thought about this game between Arizona and Pittsburgh, that being, the Steelers are going to kill the Cardinals and that this game could very well be over by halftime.  Saying that, I also thought that the Cardinals weren't going to beat Atlanta, Carolina or Philadelphia, so there is no question that the Cards have proven me wrong in each game ... but for most, they still are the Cinderella story of this year and I am sure out to prove everyone wrong. 

I am not really 'cheering' for either team ... sure, I've grown tired of the Steelers winning a Super Bowl all the time and I do have some angst against their fans - and that might be what tips me to cheer for the Cards on game day - but in reality I really don't care about either team as to whether they win or not.

I don't see how the Cards can win this game but I am taking the George Constanza route and that is, if every inclination I have towards picking football has been wrong then whatever I think should be the outcome, I should do the opposite ... so using that logic, the Cardinals should win.


No comments: