Monday, January 19, 2009

Cards-Steelers Super Bowl ... Go Cards!

The 2008-09 Super Bowl is set ... The Arizona Cardinals vs the Pittsburgh Steelers.


There is little question that the Cardinals are the 'Cinderalla' story of the playoffs, and I do believe an underdog in every game they played during the playoffs ... I know I did not think they would win any of their playoff games, but they have proven me wrong each step of the way.

Then there is the Pittsburgh Steelers ... a team that seems to make a Super Bowl about every 5 years (or more).  The Steelers have had little competition during their 2 playoff games ... easily handling the Chargers and in a tough game with the Ravens until sealing the deal in the 4th quarter with a pick-6 by their defense to deliver the death blow for the Ravens.

So who is going to win?  Well, I am guessing - because I haven't checked yet - that the Steelers are going to be favored and the Cards will play the underdog role once again, like they have the entire playoffs.  Me personally, I think the Steelers are going to win and the Cards have no chance...but the Cards have proven me wrong every step of the way so I am not going to write them off at all.

Like most Super Bowls that don't involve the Chargers ... which there have been a few ... I am hoping that the game is a good one... there is nothing worse then a total ass-kicking for a Super Bowl where there might be no interest to watch after halftime.  But I am also kind of pulling for the Cards just because I have grown tired of the Steelers (like the Patriots) winning Super Bowls all the time.  But, as I said, I am really just hoping for a good game.

No comments: