Saturday, November 10, 2007

NFL Week 9 Review

It's taking me a while to get back after still being shell-shocked from witnessing the Charger debacle that was last week....but we must move on...

The line for the Colts at San Diego is the Colts at -3 1/2... are you kidding me? I have just put every cent I have on that game and of course my money is on the Chargers covering... ha ha... of course not... The Colts should absolutely destroy the pathetic Charger defense. The Charger offense hasn't had a good game since prior to the bye week...

The Steelers are having a season that reminds me of other years when the Steelers are just laying in the weeds and are kind of forgotten until the next thing you know they are in the Super Bowl.

Dallas plays Green Bay in it's second consecutive Thursday night game a week after Thanksgiving. That game may be the NFC's version of the Colts-Patriots game of last week with the top 2 teams in the conference hooking up for a regular season game.

I think Detroit isn't necessarily a good team, but I think they are proving that they are not a bad team... and a lot of times bad teams beat themselves, and by just being competent, they are better than several NFL teams. They got Arizona this week and then the Giants and Packers... if the Lions are going to try and be contenders they need to take care of the Cards and prove their mettle against the Giants and Packers.

Cowboys-Giants, a big NFC East showdown. I haven't given any credit to the Giants because I think they aren't that good...but I do think they are better than they were when the season started. The game is in the Meadowlands and could very likely be the game of the week...

Finally, we will get a little break from the non-stop story of the Patriots being the greatest team of all-time ... at least until they get beat... but only because the Pats are on a bye before they resume kicking every other team in the NFL asses.

No comments: