Friday, August 03, 2007

Time To Switch It To Glide

On the way to work this morning I stopped to buy a Coca-Cola and the convenience store I stopped at had a radio playing and what did I hear? None other than "The Beat Goes On/Switch It To Glide" by The Kings. Not that should be anything special to most people, but when I was going to college in Phoenix in 1988-89 (man, that sounds like a long time ago), I recall 98 KUPD (the radio station I exclusively listened too) would play that song EVERY Friday at noon, which is when I got off work from my part time job and would be driving back to my apartment before I would skip my afternoon classes. Of course the kick ass stereo system I had in the '81 Chevette (no air conditioning) would be cranked to 11 because the song (imo) is so infectious.

The song is one of things that really stirred up a lot of old memories for me and my time in Valley Of The Sun so I had to Google the song this morning as soon as I got to work because I had to hear it again and to my surprise there is a video on YouTube, so here is the video and it is required listening every Friday until further notice for everyone.

Enjoy!

No comments: