Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Me And Rob Zombie

Here are exclusive photos of me and Rob Zombie at the Bismarck Civic Center, and I do believe it would be November 1995 because I am wearing my 55th Anniversary Sturgis shirt (as you can clearly see) which I was just at a few months earlier. I recall it was shortly after Halloween because Rob was throwing out candy at the end of the show.

So, how did I get to meet Rob Zombie? I was reading the editorial section of the worst paper on the planet aka: The Bismarck Tribune, and person writing the editorial was appalled at the fact that White Zombie would be playing on a Sunday night - which it was. I was pretty pissed off to read that someone was so upset at something they didn't like was happening on a Sunday and it was devil music, blah, blah, blah.... I mean come on... The devil has been the source of rock music since it's existence so why would it be wrong to play on any day let alone a Sunday?

Well, as the band was pulling into town, read the article, called me up, liked my article, hooked me up with backstage passes+3 and I got to hang with the band, get some pictures... I do have photos of me and Rob's girlfriend, who is tall and super hot but I will have to dig for those photos... and that leads me to this next point, yes, I look like a dork...why? Because I was wasted... And there were also many photos taken - with every band member except for the chick bassists who hurt her leg at the show - but because this is the worst photo that is why it is readily available (i have cruel friends...)

Anyways... a blast from the past...

PS:

Also, the 2 opening bands were the Super Suckers and the Toadies... It was a freakin' awesome show!

No comments: