Thursday, July 12, 2007

Award Shows - Lame

So last night was ESPN's lame award show, 'The Espy's'. ESPN sucks and is doing whatever it can to not air actual sports anymore. But I can not believe that athletes/celebrities would actually want to associate their name with this farce...so I have to think that many are contractually obligated to do so. At one time the Academy Awards were seen as being respectable and was the epitome of award shows, but since most everyone knows the Academy Awards are no longer legit it opened the door for all these other award shows. I don't think the ESPY's could be a better example of a 'fake' awards show. Giving out awards to athletes, most of which have already accumulated some of the greatest awards in their respective sports. I can not believe that any sports-minded person would actually watch this show or give it any credit what-so-ever. Of course the reason I even know that the ESPY's were even on TV last night was because of the AP story stating that Tomlinson won 4 ESPY's. If I was Tomlinson, I wouldn't have any of the 4 awards in my possession by the time the show is over, instead they would be placed appropriately in the nearest trash can from the stage.

No comments: