Friday, November 03, 2006

Winslow Jr. Trash Talking, Gates Unimpressed

So the Charger-Browns game this weekend needed some spice and Winslow Jr. is just the man to donate some bulletin board material.

Kellen Winslow Jr., the son of the greatest tight end to ever play the game, his dad, Charger and Hall Of Famer, Kellen Winslow, essentially came out and said that he is the best tight end playing the game.

“It's me vs. Gates. I want to be the best tight end out there, and I've got to go do it on Sunday. You know, Tony's right behind me, Gates is right behind me. So I've got to stay on top.”

“I'm trying to be the best. I said I was the best. I am the best. And I'm going to prove it on Sunday.”

And of any comparison between him and Gates:

“I don't think we're alike at all, except for the speed factor. He plays basketball out there. I compare myself more to a (Jeremy) Shockey.”


I think this reply from Gates best sums up my sentiments:

“I guess he feels like he has something to prove,” Gates said. “You don't have nothing to prove until you prove it to yourself and play a whole year. I can't get caught up with a guy talking about him being the best tight end and it's a heavyweight fight. . . . I don't see it that way. You have to have credibility to say that.”

I also have no issue with anyone trying to light a fire under the Chargers right now. With the defense injured and Merriman out, the Chargers need to keep things tight to stay amongst the top for the playoff run.


No comments: