Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Breaking News (Not): Favre Will Play

Right when I think I know Brett Favre and have him pegged he throws me a curveball...Last year I had guessed that Favre would be in Vikings camp by the 2nd preseason game and he fooled me by showing up a couple weeks early. So this year, thinking I would outfox him, I had guessed he would have roughly that same timetable and report a week or so before the first preseason game...well, unless you live under a rock, we all have heard the glorious news that Favre has graced the Vikings with his presence which would be just before the 2nd preseason game, as I had guessed last year. Well there's always next year to try my luck again. But of course this year's offseason Favre added a new wrinkle to his prima dona attitude. Favre didn't return to Minnesota without a posse, apparently he wanted some Viking bag handlers to carry his luggage and 3 of his Viking 'buds' had to fly down to pick him up.

So in the end, everyone on the planet guessed it right...Favre didn't retire after all and will play again...same as last year and the year before and the year before and the year before, etc...

No comments: