Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Favre: Right On Schedule For Return

I officially fired up Favre Watch: 2010 in February and had already determined Favre was returning to play football and it looks as if all indications are that my (not so) bold prediction is likely. First Favre makes a wager with his old college, Southern Miss, if they make the college World Series he'll come back and play football this year. And then we hear he had surgery on his ankle, which would be needed if he was to play this year. And of course the timing of the ankle surgery is the most convenient for Favre as it will prevent him from participating in any sort of 'mini-camp' activity.

I think it may be tougher for Favre to deny that he hasn't made up his mind this year to play or not while training camp fires up, but I am willing to bet that Favre will not show up to training camp for the first few weeks...in fact, he will probably arrive about 2 weeks prior to their first preseason game...which is when he showed up last year and a little earlier than what I had guessed, but I did have him pegged as not being retired...no duh!

I am going to have to find a new annual off season activity once Favre actually does hang it up...but I figure I have at least 5 more years before I really need to worry about that...

No comments: