Thursday, August 19, 2010

Merriman Already Hurt, McNeil Meets With AJ

Shawne Merriman showed up to Charger training camp on Friday and made it through a couple of practices and almost on cue, is hurt. A reoccurring theme of Merriman's since he was caught doping. Those that frequent my blog already know that I am no longer a fan of Merriman and have all but declared his career over. If any of the Charger players that were holding out, I felt that Merriman was the least needed and yet he is the one, hurt, and at Charger camp.

And speaking of Charger holdouts, left tackle, Marcus McNeil met with Charger GM AJ Smith yesterday, alone - no agent. No word if anything substantial came from that meeting...but I have to think it is an indication from McNeil that he does want to play this year. I won't be surprised if we hear that McNeil joins the team before the season started...but of course if AJ refused to bend at all, that may not be the case...but I have to think that the mere gesture, on McNeil's part to meet with AJ in person without an agent, shows that he wants to join the team.

No comments: