Monday, August 23, 2010

Rivers Continues To Prove To Be A "Winner"

When the Chargers gave QB Philip Rivers a contract extension last season I was delighted with the move because I labeled Rivers a winner at that time. He is a guy that doesn't like to lose...ever. So this last preseason game against the Cowboys, Philip tackled a safety returning a fumble to save a touchdown. Many people would question why Rivers would even try to tackle this guy, let alone run the field to do so...but, again, he is a winner and in the post game interview, Rivers tells you why..."I don't know how you are going to let a guy score. They are still keeping score. I know it's a preseason game, but still."

And to add to my theory, the safety Rivers tackled, Barry Church verified that Rivers is indeed a winner, stating "It showed a lot of heart and a lot of fire. He wants to win. He's a great quarterback and he will win in this game."

No comments: