Friday, February 26, 2010

FavreWatch: 2010

The first reports has hit the wire... oh sure there were some minor, speculative stories that were printed immediately after the NFC Championship game but I do believe this article does officially mean I can begin the FavreWatch 2010 portion of my blog!

I, of course, have been railing on Brett Favre for several years now about his crybaby, selfish antics...of course, one of a few bloggers when I started several years ago, now one of many as the rest of the pack has caught up to me.

But this article is hilarious... The Vikings are now "Ok waiting for Favre's decision...". What made me laugh about this was...well duh! If you are the Vikings you better be ok with waiting for Favre's decision because if you recall, last season, the Vikes at one point tried to impose a "deadline" for Favre in which he had to announce his intentions...of course he didn't and still ended up with the Vikes...

All the Vikes have done with this press release is get the press off their back...it's all up to Brett now... just as Brett would want it.

Knowing how Favre works I'm thinking he is biding his time right now... with Tiger in the news and the Olympics underway, March Madness is next month and then baseball fires up... I'm thinking maybe a week after the first pitch of baseball is when Favre will reveal that he doesn't know if he will return or not but he most certainly won't commit to either retirement or to playing...

He will be playing again next year (2010) as a Minnesota Viking.... yes, I said it, now all we have to do is sit through all the Favre drama that both Favre and ESPN so desperately love...

No comments: