Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Why I Can't Watch SNL Anymore...

As I have mentioned in the past, I was a big Saturday Night Live fan ... Up until 2 seasons ago I had watched every episode of SNL from 1980 thru 2007. Good episodes and bad episodes, each season to seem to have each ... but I grew increasingly tired of SNL's writing and sketches...the Weekend Update portion of the show was the only part worth watching. SNL's sketches became just plain stupid and Kristin Wiig seems to play the main character in most of these lame sketches... The Target checkout lady...not funny and boring and now her 'Gilly' character is just as lame and not funny...or that's just what I think... Because I must be in the minority, the SNL Christmas special this year is going to be hosted by Wiig playing her character Gilly. I will likely watch this SNL like I do most of them these days...with the fast forward button used extensively and essentially not watching any of it...

I can not believe how bad SNL has gotten these days but it is just god awful ... but after having a brief glimpse of the Jimmy Fallon Show and George Lopez show it is way better ... but that isn't saying anything. Television programming as a whole in this country is getting more and more worthless every year...

No comments: