Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Chargers - Vikes: A Contrast Of Seasons

Living in the barren wasteland and very well entrenched in Minnesota Viking territory, San Diego Charger fans are very few to say the least. Although the 2009-10 NFL season has yet to conclude, this season has been the rollercoaster year for almost every team with the second season about to start, I think that any team in the playoffs could have a legitimate shot at winning it all, especially if they are hot...

But what I wanted to comment about is that I am really looking forward to running into some of the Viking fans I was seeing earlier this season...the Viking fans that had the Vikes already Super Bowl champions and while trumpeting their awesomeness scoff and take jabs at the lowly San Diego Chargers and their patheticness...

After last night's loss to Chicago it now appears as if the awesome Vikes can't win on the road and, at one time a lock for a first round bye no longer even have home-field locked up yet and a loss next week could mean the Vikes get no bye and will merely host the first game of Wild Card weekend...

Last I checked, the lowly San Diego Chargers are the #2 seed in the AFC, guaranteed a first round bye and host their playoff game...

Sure it won't mean jack squat if the Chargers fail in the playoffs and yes, the Vikes would get the last laugh if they ended up advancing further...but in the meantime...the short term gratification will be enjoyed...as the Viking fans enjoyed their moment of glory...

Now, if only I can find those Viking fans again... I use to run into them on an almost daily basis...lately I can't find a Viking fan if I tried...it's very interesting... in fact, this past Sunday, someone commented to me (as I was wearing my Antonio Gates jersey) that there sure seemed to be a lot of Charger fans around lately... I chuckled, because I am sure he was just a disgruntled Viking fan that hadn't seen a Charger fan since the last time I was there...they still have to try and get their jabs in...

No comments: