Sunday, August 13, 2006

Junior Seau To Retire

One of the San Diego Chargers greatest linebackers is to retire tomorrow. Junior Seau, when he was in his prime (mid-1990's) was the best linebacker in the NFL. He was voted on the all-decade team for the 90's. He played in 12 consecutive pro-bowls (which I do believe is still a record). He will most definately be a Hall Of Famer on his first ballot, elgible in 2011.

Of course my moniker is in his honor and I bear no shame in having it.

There hasn't been an 'official' announcement that Junior will retire as a Charger - as he should. But the press release says his announcement will be made at Charger Park so I'm guessing he will do the day contract with the Chargers and retire as a Charger.

Thanks for the memories Junior...

(PS: Yes, that is my circa 1996 Seau player figurine. A friend gave it to me to in '96 and I've had it on my computer desk ever since...of course, never been opened...)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Hall Of Famer for sure, it's a shame he sullied his career by going to the Dolphins for a few years.

(What do you expect from a Bills fan?)