Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Kenny Mayne Is Not Funny

Most regular readers of my blog are aware of my previous blog entries (here and here) on my impressions of ESPN and how it sucks...

So for some reason I happened to be watching ESPN yesterday (or the other day) - something I routinely DO NOT do... but got to catch one of these 'funny' Kenny Mayne pieces. Now this certainly wasn't the first such segment by Kenny that I saw and upon viewing it brought flashbacks of his previous pieces... no specific details can I recall except one...that being, none of these supposedly comical segments are even remotely funny. He gets coaches, owners, players, etc... to play along with his segment, but the end result is a very poor attempt at humor.

Does ESPN have anyone that works for them that has any grasp of what is good or not? I have a little tip for ESPN executives and it is one I have given before... SHOW HIGHLIGHTS OF SPORTS! But I'm sure that option is being put aside because the braintrust at ESPN is no-doubtedly working on a new lame game show that features Stuart Scott and Kenny Mayne...

No comments: