Monday, January 23, 2006

Longtime No Blog

I've been extremely busy at work and plenty of activities at home that are keeping me from doing some blogging, but found a moment to get some thoughts down...

First, I can not begin to say how happy/relieved I am that the Broncos lost in the AFC Championship game. I'm not really too glad Pittsburgh won, but I will take any team over the Broncos. The early talk is that Pittsburgh is the early favorite for the Super Bowl...the 6th seeded AFC team...just shows how far superior AFC teams are over the NFC at this time. I really don't have too much of an interest in either of these teams, so I'm hoping the Super Bowl is a good game.

Next, the winter/weather in my region continues to be mild for the season. Unless some cold air hits the region before the end of the month, the average high temperature for January could be over 20 degrees...which is unbelievable considering some winters the entire month of January may never get above 0 degrees. But I'll take it!

NDSU Men's Basketball team beat the 13th ranked Wisconsin Badgers...this was a huge win for the Bison and begins to legitimize the school as a legit Division 1 school although still ineligible for playoffs for another couple years. This win was probably the biggest win for a men's basketball team from the state of North Dakota ever...yes, it is that huge for this state.

My plate is full for the remainder of this month and much of February...but I'll try and keep the blog as 'fresh' as I am able too...

No comments: