Friday, October 28, 2005

Random Thoughts

Ok, so I've been slacking...but for good reasons... it's the fall and I'm fairly busy at work.. but I got a little free time, so here are some random thoughts from me...

1. I don't listen to country music, but have had to work a few country music concerts here in the past few months and is it just my imagination or are all these "popular" country music acts just taking rock 'n roll songs and countrifying them?

2. I was really happy that the Yankees and Red Sox both got beat and didn't make the World Series. It was a rare treat to see the national media literally deflate when both teams failed to make the Championship series. I was hoping for a better series, but two years in a row and only 4 games needed to wrap things up. Congratulations White Sox.

3. A friend recently acquired the Mad Season DVD of their live performance at the Moore Theatre... it is awesome. Only about 40 minutes, but I enjoy it very much. I was never a big Alice In Chains fan, but this collaboration is really good, imo.

4. Some football talk: The San Diego Chargers should be 7-0 right now. I think the Broncos aren't as good as all the hype, nor are the Steelers. Living smack-dab in the middle of Viking country it is kind of fun being the person who supports a 'real team' for a change...and I get no qualms from Viking fans...they understand that their team stinks. The Randy Moss trade didn't work out as well as they all hyped it when it happened.

5. Gas prices - sure is odd how gas prices rose during the hurricanes and the 'line' the media and producers were citing was that they were merely passing the increase(s) down to the consumer that were being initiated from other sources...yet now all oil/gas producing companies are coming out with their 2nd quarter and 3rd quarter finacial reports and all are reporting record profits - Exxon/Mobil with a 75 percent revenue increase from this same time as last year, Royal Dutch Shell had 67 percent increase and BP, 37 percent. And none of them intend to increase production - and why would they? They will make a truckload of money as long as they can keep prices high.

6. Have you ever noticed that when a person is attending college, many feel they are 'superior' and smarter than everyone else? Many college students think they have all the cures to the world's ails...just that no one will listen to them... I remember going to college and thinking of how much money I was wasting listening and learning things that I will never, ever use in the real world...

7. Do all movies suck these days? I know, there is probably a good movie released every now and then, but for the most part, I think that 99.9% of all movies coming out of Hollywood these days is pure garbage.

8. The same goes with music...I like the 'heavier' sounding stuff, I won't deny that, but watching the music video channels I notice that a lot of these newer bands just scream...as if that is all 'heavy' music needs to be. But I still think there is a lot of good music out there, it just isn't getting played on the radio... I currently have been listeing to the latest Static-X, Pennywise, Fu Manchu and of course, Clutch - who I will be seeing live on November 29th, in Minneapolis.

Alright, that's it for now...

I know I forgot a score prediction last week... so I'll do it now... Chargers 31 Chiefs 20.

No comments: