Sunday, October 09, 2005

Chargers - Steelers Preview

Well, I best get my thoughts on tomorrow's Monday night game, Pittsburgh at San Diego, while I can...

The last two games the Chargers have played like the team I expected to see all season. It proves to everyone, including me, that they are indeed a good football team at this time. The Steelers are coming off a bye week after a loss from New England, a team that the Chargers throttled just last week. The reason the Steelers lost was because on the final drive Brady effectively drove the Patriots down the field for the game winning field goal. Which really gives the Chargers the road map to this, and every game henceforth. The Charger defense isn't anything special and if the Chargers are going to win ball games, the defense shouldn't be called upon to do so. The Charger offense needs to control the ball and the tempo of the game...and just look to last week's Charger win over the Patriots.

Having said that, with the game being played in San Diego, on Monday night, Chargers donning their powder blues, the crowd should be jacked... I like the Chargers. I think if Brees can effectively pass, Tomlinson will be running wild and the game could easily be dictated by the Charger offense. Chargers win 42-31. (Chargers need to score 40 points or more to win...imo)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still think the reason that NE won over the Steelers is because of the extra time added to the clock.