Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Women Are Pigs

For some time I've been making this observation... and it really isn't good nor bad, but an observation that seems to contradict what is normally thought... and that is women are pigs...when it comes to food...

I began to notice this when I first started working as a television director when I was required to direct a live news cast then a live event and then another news cast all consecutively, essentially requiring me to be at work for 12 straight hours unable to leave, and then the company would buy the staff food. I didn't even think anything of it the first few times that the company would order 6 pizzas for the crew...which was normal. At first the pizza was always eaten...then on occassions there was some left over...but the same number of persons were still used during these occassions. I have no idea why it popped into my brain, but I began to notice that whenever there was pizza left over the entire crew was made up of men...and when the pizza was eaten entirely, there was at least one, usually 2, females that were working. They didn't appear to eat more then the men...but there was certainly not the food left over... but who cares, I wasn't paying for it and it was a free lunch...

Well now I work at a large venue/conference center. This morning I walk in to see that a large conference is in one of the meeting rooms we have and there is doughnuts, juice, bagels, etc... that was ordered...of course this puts a smile on my face because the left overs will end up in our break room where I then can have a tasty morning treat. But this morning, when I go to snatch up a doughnut or other treat, none is to be found. What? There is ALWAYS food left over...how can this be? Did some inconsiderate person just toss any uneaten food this morning? No. It was a conference that was for nurses...ah... my theory continues to hold. The same amount of food was put out for the size of conference that was taking place, but of course the percentage of men to women was greatly skewed... in fact, in an informal count by myself, I counted 3 men to about 200 women.

I don't mean to demean women, but am just offering this as an observation, that seems to go against conventional thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or, you could say that women are cheap. Because if they have to pay, suddenly it's "oh, just a coffee."

But when the food is free...look out below!

Anonymous said...

i agree, women are pigs, but not only when it comes to food, but in sexual ways too, look at the way todays women dress, they all try to look like whores..okay not all but most. they are the pigs!