Monday, January 03, 2011

2010 NFL Season Concludes, Review

The keyboard is barely cooled off from my blistering critique of the 2010 San Diego Chargers and I'm ready to start patting myself on the back...

I had two blog entries that I posted prior to the season that seemed to be prophetic, yet, against the grain from what the "mainstream" opinion was.

My quick Charger related post before the season started when I was braced for this year's demise, stating "I refuse to get my hopes up and make bold predictions...so my prediction for the 2010 Charger Team will be the same for every Charger team until further notice: I predict they will disappoint me...again. Now whether or not they disappoint me in the playoffs or not has yet to be seen...".  I guess if anything, the Chargers really didn't disappoint me...they are just becoming to predictable...predictably bad.

My other post, commenting on "mainstream" opinions of the NFL, I had stated how I thought the Cowboys were over rated when many had them as Super Bowl Contenders.  That looks to be spot on.  I also took a swipe at the Jets who seemed to have plenty on their bandwagon...they are in the playoffs so we'll have to see how that works out, but they certainly don't look as good as they did last year nor as good as many of the other teams in the AFC.  Tomlinson in New York started out with a bang and seemed to taper off as the season went on.  LT of course could shine in the playoffs...something he was unable to do as a Charger, which would prove doubters wrong.

And of course the season couldn't end without Brett Favre retiring...again.  I don't think anyone is foolish enough to think that this time he really means it because he has really meant it the last 4 times he has retired and came back to play.  This year more resembled how I thought the Vikes and Brett Favre would perform...poorly.  Last season the Vikes had an easy schedule and got some breaks.  This year they had a tougher schedule and didn't get any breaks and the results reflect that.  But just to further illustrate what a loser Brett Favre is, after yesterday's Vikings-Lions season ending game, Favre was literally sprinting off the field into the locker room...well ahead of anyone else on the team.  Shortly after the game concluded Favre came out and told everyone he was retired and I am sure he then hopped on his own private plane and flew back home...probably not even saying goodbye to his former team and in his own recliner before the rest of the Vikings even got out of Detroit.  Good or not, I have never liked Brett Favre.

No comments: