Thursday, September 09, 2010

Charger Thoughts - Week 1

The NFL season is about to start and each year I have posted my prediction(s) for the Chargers...some times more vague than others.

But I have become a Charger cynic...the Chargers, in the 30 years I have been a fan, have never lived up to expectations and have only disappointed. Last year's season was the final straw for me. I refuse to get my hopes up and make bold predictions...so my prediction for the 2010 Charger Team will be the same for every Charger team until further notice: I predict they will disappoint me...again. Now whether or not they disappoint me in the playoffs or not has yet to be seen, but looking at their schedule and their team..the Chargers look like they should win the AFC West again.

Chargers open their season against the Kansas City Chiefs, who just remodeled Arrowhead Stadium, on Monday night. The Chargers have started slow the last few years and almost lost to Oakland in last years' season opener. The Chiefs will be fired up and it should be no surprise if they win the game. If anything the last few seasons have proven is that the first 4-5 games aren't really that important so I won't put a lot of stock in game 1.

No comments: