Friday, February 12, 2010

Winter Olympics About To Start

The Winter Olympics fire up today and couldn't come too soon...the Olympics will provide me with plenty of sports watching to tide me over until March Madness and the NHL Playoffs start up...

Of course, I will watch any of the real events...and by real events I mean sports that do not involving judges. As I think I have ranted upon before, any event that has a judge tell you who won, to me, is not a sport ... it is a pageant. But any event where any person can follow the progress of the competitors without judges, is a sport to me and I will watch.

So of course I am not going to waste my time with any figure skating or ice dancing or any of the 'femie' events. Of course I will be tuning into every Team USA hockey game... I don't mind bobsledding, luge, speed skating and will even watch some curling, which typically is on during the daytime lull hours...

Lots of stories coming out of Vancouver
, with a big headline being that there isn't a lot of snow for some events...they could come to the barren wasteland and take as much snow as they needed and we'd still have plenty left for whoever else wanted some snow...

No comments: