Monday, August 25, 2008

Merriman's Season In Doubt

I think we may have heard the last of Shawne Merriman...at least that is the story coming out of San Diego. Merriman has 2 ligament tears and many are figuring this season will be lost to surgery and recovery. I do believe the Chargers have him signed through next season, but I don't think he will be a Charger much after that and I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers actually traded or cut him outright before the end of this season...but would likely sit on him and see how he heals up for next year.

I, of course, don't watch ESPN hype but apparently if Merriman isn't playing the Chargers are going to suck...according to they hypesters I hear via my acquaintances. But I think Merriman's best years are behind him. Since getting busted for steroids I don't think Merriman has been the same player. Sure his stats resemble that he is still an impact player but he doesn't seem to be as impactful during the big games only against the lesser teams...

No comments: