Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Has It Been That Long?

Wow, it's been a while... I got busy with work and then drinking so let's quickly recap...

Stanley Cup Finals - Detroit wins the series 4-2 in what was a very entertaining series. I thought Detroit outplayed Pittsburgh in each game and if these teams played another 6 games I think the outcome would be about the same... Fleury, who played out of his mind, for the Penguins was the primary reason the Pens were in the series because any less of a performance and the series could have been a 4-0 sweep. Too bad one of the highlights from the series was him backing in the game-winner for game 6.

The Belmont: I went into the race saying to myself that only a fool will make a bet with Big Brown in the mix because it wouldn't pay...plus, if by chance Big Brown doesn't win the Belmont - which no one even thought was plausible - the payout would be pretty sweet... so what do I do? 3 box-exacta bets all with Big Brown in the mix... BB finishes last, I don't make shit. My friends... fuck it, let's put $10 on the 6 horse...yeah, that sounds like a great idea, he's 38-1 that's easy money... I win jackshit...they win a few hundred bucks...hooray for them the lucky bastards!

The NBA Finals are underway and with 2 games in the books I just have one question....are the refs wearing Celtics jersey's under their uniforms? I am by no means a Laker fan or cheering for either team in particular (although I have money riding on the Lakers but a nominal amount...not enough to make me too bias...) but from what I have seen so far the refs have been totally jobbing the Lakers I mean come on... And Paul Pierce? Is there a bigger pussy on the planet than him? Bawling like a baby, getting carried off, crying in a wheelchair... and then, cue the fireworks, cue the dramatic movie soundtrack and out of the tunnel, ready to lead the Celtics to victory is Paul Pierce... I mean did he have the rights to his 'story' already sold and wanted to make sure they had a scene that didn't need too much more embellshment....

No comments: