Monday, March 24, 2008

Time Off Recap - Snow, NCAA

Back to work today after a nice little break... I didn't do too much, but the weather we had it was probably the best option...we had over 7 inches - yes, 7 inches - of snow... it literally started snowing Thursday night and didn't stop until Saturday. The temperature(s) during the day were warm enough that once you had your driveway and sidewalks shoveled, they stayed clear. I really should have taken a before and after picture because the snow was just about all melted away and now we have just as much snow as we did before...the forecast has a chance of snow tomorrow...at least the temps will be seasonable for the area and it at least won't be so cold.

And I really don't know why I didn't make this declaration when I posted my NCAA bracket, that is, I traditionally do fairly well over the first two days but by Sunday, I will be all but eliminated from any pools...this year is no exception... I had Duke and Georgetown in the final four and neither make it out of the first weekend of play...I'm sure I'm not the only one but to me, it seems, this happens every year. One other thing I like to do is go back to all the 'experts' that I had heard all last week run down their analysis of teams...I recall USC was "going to go deep", actual result, they lose their first game to K-State. Another 'expert' I had heard said that Duke will have little opposition until they reach the next round when they would likely have to face off against UCLA for a final four bid, actual result, they lose to West Virginia. And of course all these 'experts' will be back on the radio and tv shows today and they can first 'explain' why those picks didn't materialize but then go on to continue to make bold predictions about the next round...like weathermen, they are the only people I know that can be completely wrong about something and still retain their job...but, again, like weathermen they simply start out their forecast with "Ok, I was a little off yesterday on my forecast but here's why...."

No comments: