Tuesday, December 20, 2005

First Timer

After running a (pay) fantasy football league for 10 years, I am having the best year of my career. Sure, I have won and done well in free leagues in the past and I've even taken third a couple of times in this league...which only garners your entry fee back. But this year, after a quick start my team began to fade down the stretch - which is typical with my teams. I needed a win in week 13 to make our playoffs (which run weeks 14-16 in the NFL schedule) and have won convincingly the past two weeks and am in the championship game and a matchup that looks very favorable for me. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hopefully things go my way this weekend...

For the record, the Chargers I have on my team are Antonio Gates, Keneen McCardell and kicker, Nate Kaeding. McCardell has to be the biggest surprise on my squad. I was also able to acquire Steve Smith before the season started primarily because he was hurt last year and didn't appear towards the top of any 'cheat sheets' so I really got a 'steal' when I drafted him. And I think that luck does factor in just a bit... before the season started, I offered a competitor Stephen Davis and Derrick Mason for Fred Taylor and Chad Pennington - I'm glad he balked at that deal!

No comments: