Thursday, September 29, 2005

Women....

I try not to complain about women too much...because that would be a full time task if one really wanted to pursue that... and then I try not to complain about my wife, especially publicly... but here's an instance I think is valid...

So yesterday, which was Wednesday, my wife informs me that she will need to go to work after hours to do some extra work. I say fine. We then try and discuss what time(s) she can go in so that I can manage the kids...and low-and-behold, the only times she can possibly go in are times that I have made plans to either: a) go to my weekly poker game Friday night b) when I am working on Saturday or c) Sunday during the football games. You see, Friday night she doesn't want to stay at work, on Saturday her work's server is going down at noon (of course going in before noon is crazy talk) and then of course Sunday all day is just plain great for her...of course she doesn't want to go late though...

What this is, clearly to me, is her attempt at trying to 'disrupt' my weekend enjoyment. She was even able to go in last night for 3 hours to get a jump on all this work she has to do and tonight she could do the same...but she could work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and apparently still have to go into work sometime this weekend to do more... you see, this just plain sucks... she is just making up any reason to get mad at me for going out and having a good time. I'm sorry I won't feel guilty or sorry for not accomodating her 'schedule' when she is doing nothing but trying to disrupt mine...

And now today, just to pile another complaint on me, she asks if I can pick up the kids from daycare...which is no big deal for me, but for some reason always seems to be for her... so that she can take in our stockpile of aluminum cans and redeem them for the $10. Of course she could take in the aluminum cans and pick up the kids and be home before I even get off work (but that makes no difference), but because I merely inquire as to why she can't just pick them up after her little chore, I get the "Forget it, I'll take care of it." Snotty retort.

I tell you what, I just don't understand why women have to make THEIR life and others so complicated but I can see how they do it...

No comments: