Monday, July 11, 2005

Vacation Recap

My 'spur of the moment' vacation has ended... I hadn't intended on taking all of last week off from work, but because of other factors, I decided to take a week off...here's the highlights...

Vacation starts on Friday, July 1st...

Saturday the entire family travels to Bismarck to see our family. Had a good time, went to the zoo and I saw a couple of buddies. Also traveled up to Lake Sakakawea/Garrison Dam for a brief spell. The water level has been really low on the Missouri and Lake Sakakawea due to several year drought in Montana and downstream needs...really it is the Army Corps. of Engineers that manages the river that is most to blame...only now, after water levels are at an all-time low do they begin implementing water saving techniques.

Returned home on July 4th, watched fireworks with the kids.

Tuesday and Wednesday I was home with the kids. Had some quality 'bonding' time with them.

Thursday I traveled to Minneapolis to go to the Sounds Of The Underground Tour to see Clutch. Clutch was awesome, as always...I didn't go for the entire day of music (I'm not 18 anymore) but we did happen to catch 3 bands prior to Clutch and why are they on this tour? With the exception of Clutch, these bands are all in the 'death metal' type genre, whereas Clutch is clearly not...an odd lineup, but a good show...beers were too expensive though...Traveled back home on Friday.

Saturday went to Fort Ransom State Park. Never been there. Temperature was well into the 90's and Fort Ransom State Park is literally in the middle of nowhere. My grandmother had never seen my 3 year-old son and there was an informal reunion on my mother's side, so we made the journey there and back so my son could meet his great-grandmother.

All-in-all it was a pretty good vacation...of course, as with all vacations, it was too short...

No comments: